We all understand how complicated placing orders can be in the construction industry – making sure you have the correct product, are ordering the right amount of material and that you have all the components required to complete the project. Plus, the hassle of longer lead times and supply shortages also can come into play in many instances.
To make this easier for you, we have created a list of all the details and considerations you need to place your order successfully and smoothly.
Sculptform Order Lead-times
Depending on the product and the requirements of your project, some of our materials can take anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks for delivery. Our quality sourced material is sometimes reliant on external suppliers and certain requirements such as sustainable certification (PEFC and COC), custom profile, finish, or timber species can affect a lead-time.
Below is a guide to lead times for our timber and aluminium products. (Updated 10/8/23)
- Timber Click-on Battens – 6-8 weeks from placement of order.
- Timber Click-on Screens – 8-10 weeks from placement of order.
- Timber Tongue & Groove Cladding – 6-8 weeks from placement of order.
- Aluminium Click-on Battens – 8-12 weeks from placement of order.
- Aluminium Click-on Cladding – 8-12 weeks from placement of order.
- Aluminium Click-on Screens – 8-12 weeks from placement of order.
Below are current lead times for products with our aluminium finishes. (Updated 31/5/22)
- Powdercoat or Anodising – 8-12 weeks from placement of order.
- Real Timber Veneer – 8-12 weeks from placement of order.
- Wood Finish – 8-12 weeks from placement of order.
Accurate lead times will be provided by our logistics team once we have an order in hand. If your project has any special requirements, please contact us directly to discuss lead times.
If your order is required earlier than the lead times outlined above, please contact us and we will do our best to fulfil your order once it has been placed.
Getting ready to place your order
What do I need to give your sales team? We have got a willing sales team ready to help you out with making sure your order is delivered on time to suit your project timeframes. For us to start the process of getting your order ready we do require the following items from you to complete the Bill of Quantities (BOQ):
- Tender square metre rate pricing (SQM)
- Specification confirmed – If using a value management specification please include the revised specification
- Construction drawings or site measurements
- Sample approved (If timber, it will be a sample with the required coating. If aluminium, it needs the finish chosen to be applied to the aluminium, (eg, anodised, wood finish, powdercoat, etc.)
Once these details are received, we can pass this on to our skilled estimators who will break this up into an itemised BOQ.
What are your payment terms? We require a 33% deposit on placement of the order and the balance is required prior to dispatch. Please note our production team won’t commence an order until the deposit payment has been received
Requirements to get your order scheduled for production
Are you happy with the BOQ you received and want to go ahead with your order? Perfect. There are a couple of details that we require from you to hand your order over to the logistics team to be scheduled for production. Please refer to the below list:
- Delivery Contact
- Account Contact
- Date material is required onsite
- Delivery Address (this can be site address or warehouse)
Packing the product and getting it on its way to site
We take the packaging of our material very carefully so that the product is not damaged on the way to site. All of our packs are packed with bearers between each layer of timber/aluminium so that they can be accessible for a forklift to remove off the truck and the mounting tracks are packed separate to the battens.
Needing your packs to go to different areas on-site? We can separate the material on the BOQ so that they can come labelled and packed separately for each area. This is available at an additional fee however it does stop a lot of sorting out on-site.
Please contact us below if you have any further questions regarding placing your order.